New Products 2021: Browning Maxus II Camo
This autoloader is the ultimate duck-hunting machine.
By Matthew Carroll
Ducks beware: There is a new autoloading shotgun in town. Well, maybe reconfigured is a better description, as the Browning Maxus gets a host of new features as well as a new name to go with it. Billed as one of the smoothest handling shotguns on the market, the Maxus Camo II minimizes felt recoil without compromising on the shotgun’s firepower. Equipped with the renowned Power Drive Gas System, the Maxus Camo II offers both versatility and reliability to its users, allowing sportsmen to shell out a wide array of factory ammunition. With an emphasis on the shooter experience, the new shotgun from Browning delivers on its promise by arming this fast-cycling shotgun with the innovative Inflex Technology recoil pad, SoftFlex cheek pad, Speed Load Plus for quick loading and new rubber over-molding to yet again maximize control and improve the shooter experience.
It also sports the following features:
- Lightweight magazine tube to reduce weight
- Chrome chamber and bore works to increase durability and corrosion resistance
- Fiber-optic front sight and ivory mid-bead
- Three extended Invector-Plus choke tubes included (F, M, IC)
- ABS hard gun case included
- New trigger guard is ramped for easier loading
- Nickel Teflon coating on the bolt, bolt slide, shell carrier, bolt release and bolt handle to protect and add lubricity
- New oversize bolt release and bolt handle
- New composite stock can be trimmed and is shim adjustable for cast, drop and length of pull
And of course, the Maxus Camo comes in a wide selection of camo patterns for any outdoor environment. With patterns such as the Mossy Oak Shadow Grass Habitat, Mossy Oak Break-Up Country, Realree Max-5 Realtree Timber and even matte black the poor ducks will never know what hit them. ($1,530-$1,720, browning.com)